Crossroads Music Leader – (Part Time)
Video and Live Stream Specialist – (Part Time)
Children and Family Ministry Assistant – (Part Time)
Crossroads Music Leader (part time)
As the Crossroads Music Leader, your focus is to recruit, prepare, develop, and direct teen and (potentially) young adult musicians to play music and lead worship for their peers. The position is typically 10-15 hours per week but is impacted by the rhythm of the youth ministry. The Music Leader will coordinate with the High School Leader, as well as work with the Director to develop a vision for the Crossroads music ministry.
Rehearsal Days (Typically Monday evenings): 3-4 hours
- Meet with the Youth Planning team weekly (1 hour)
- Contact, recruit and develop new musicians to be part of the band
- Maintain communication and build community with the band members
- Plan songs, prepare charts/music, create slideshows
- Coordinate and lead technology teams
- Manage equipment setup before rehearsal
- Lead 1.5-2 hour rehearsal
- Lead equipment breakdown after rehearsal
- Close up Crossroads when necessary
- Create a library of song lyrics and music
HS Youth Group (Typically Wednesday): 3-4 hours
- Practice with the band before youth group
- Lead high energy music alongside “Jam Band” to kickoff the night
- Lead an intentional time of worship with the band
- End the night hanging and jamming with students (when appropriate)
Flex Time: 2-3 hours
- Prepare for retreats 2x per year
- Prepare for intergenerational summer mission worship
- “Tutor” students who require extra musical help
- Connect with prospective students throughout the week
- Prepare for and lead in Sunday worship several times a year
- Help coordinate music for two fundraisers per year (Ex. Coffeehouse For A Cause, a battle
- of the bands type fundraising event)
Qualifications: Must love God, have musical gifts, and have experience leading a band (worship
bands preferred). All candidates are subject to pass the criminal background check.
If you are interested in applying please send a cover letter and resume to JC Fowler (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Video & Live Stream Specialist
Allentown Presbyterian Church (APC) is a vibrant community of faith located in central New Jersey. Over the past year video has become a critical part of our ministry and outreach, which has created the need for a part-time Video & Live Stream Specialist. As a Video & Live Stream Specialist, you will have overall responsibility for the production of high-quality live stream events and pre-recorded content.
This is a critical role that requires a self-sufficient personality that can effectively coordinate and collaborate with both paid staff and volunteer leaders within the church. This role reports to the Sr. Pastor and will work closely with the Director of Music and Worship as well as other department heads/ministry leaders.
This is a part time position (20 hours a week including Sunday mornings) that requires an on-site presence. APC is committed to your safety and closely monitors and adheres to state and CDC guidelines for indoor and outdoor gatherings. This position includes two weeks of paid vacation.
The essential duties of our Video & Live Stream Specialist position are as follows:
- Ensure all live streamed video events and related outbound content represents the vision, integrity, and mission of the church.
- Responsible for the production, planning, scheduling, and coordination of the Livestream events
- Manage, coordinate, and oversee the production of the Sunday worship service and special events such as Special Worship Services, Weddings, Funerals, etc.
- LiveStream event management can include coordination and scheduling of volunteers to operate multiple cameras, stream recorded content, soundboard/SlingStudio operations, and live music with various instrument and vocal configurations.
- Manage the creation, editing and production of the pre-recorded content
- Ensure that the content streams seamlessly to various social sites, including our own website, Facebook, VIMEO, YouTube and Instagram.
- Ensure that the most current technologies are optimally deployed to support events and activities
- Ability to enhance, troubleshoot, maintain, and evolve the solution as needs mature and events evolve over time.
- Collect and analyze data on live streamed events to measure success of events and to adjust tactics as necessary
- Actively search for life-changing stories within the church. Develop ways to creatively communicate those stories via video, interviews, newsletter, social media, etc.
- As part of the energic APC community, this position encourages creativity. We want your ideas to help make worship engaging for all ages. We want to attract new members through our digital presence, while remaining connected to long standing members.
- Work closely with the Office Administrator on related internal and external communications through digital and traditional platforms (LiveStream, Zoom, websites, newsletter, etc.)
- Build a trusted partnership with the staff and volunteer leaders
- Ensure that all content is the highest quality, creative, inspiring, compelling, and aligns with our mission statement
- Ideal candidate will have experience producing high quality live streaming events and related digital content and Web Video Production and/or Social Media Marketing.
- Proven experience in team-building, creative thinking, systems management, and problem-solving is required
- Proven technical inclination to working with computers and online video related platforms in the past (Youtube / Vimeo)
- Experience with Online streaming platforms a plus (SlingStudio, Ustream, live stream, Wowza, or others)
- Ability to recruit, supervise and grow a team of volunteers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with initiative and attention to detail
- Flexible work hours are required to coordinate staff, volunteers and support Sunday Worship
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A degree in communications or marketing is preferred.
Children and Family Ministry Assistant – Part Time
Under the supervision of the Director of Children and Family Ministry, the Children and Family Ministry Assistant [CFMA] provides support to the Children and Family Ministry of APC. The position will help our youngest disciples to grow toward becoming fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. The CFMA will work primarily with our mid-week ROCK program and Sunday morning Sunday School. The position includes planning, working directly with the children, and working directly with the Director of Children and Family Ministry. The position will require up to 15 hours/week but, with seasonal fluctuations in the program, some weeks will require more time and some will require less.
Responsibilities and Expectations
R.O.C.K.: ROCK, the 2 ½ hour mid-week program for children in 3rd through 5th grade, includes times of games, Bible study, crafts, dinner, and Choir or Caring Kids time. The Children and Family Ministry Assistant will assist with overall Session planning, coordinate the Bible study component, and plan and execute the Caring Kids (service) weekly component.
- Initiate session planning with Director
- Host / Co-host weekly program gathering **
- Lead / Coordinate Leaders for weekly Bible study
- Plan / Execute Caring Kids weekly program**
- Plan kid-appropriate “Caring” activities (local, global)
- Coordinate / Develop volunteers
- Develop a process for personal Kid-Connections and Family Outreach
- Program hours: 5 – 7 hours per week for prep and execution
Sunday School: The APC elementary Sunday School ministers to children in Pre-K (4 yrs old) through 5th Grade.
- Assist the Director with curriculum review/assessment
- Assist Director on Sunday mornings
- Lead / Participate in Large Group openings
- Develop a process for personal Kid-Connections and Family Outreach
- Program hours: 2-3 hours weekly, prep and execution
Worship: Give Children’s Messages twice per month (or as needed)
- 4 hrs per month
Meetings: Meet bi-weekly with Director for Planning / Visioning
- 2 hrs bi-weekly
VBS: Vacation Bible School
- Manage the volunteer recruitment process for VBS
- Assist Director, as needed
- Complete administrative assignments on an as needed basis.
- Participate in Children and Family events (such as, FFG, Advent Village, ROCK musical, Church picnic, Trenton Thunder game, etc.)
- Committed follower of Jesus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in education or work with children
- Strong skills with organization and interaction with children and their families
- Experience in religious education
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or call Maureen at (609) 259-7289 for more information.