Children and Family Ministry Assistant – (part-time)
Communications Leader –
High School Youth Ministry Leader – (part-time)
Under the supervision of the Director of Children and Family Ministry, the Children and Family Ministry Assistant [CFMA] provides support to the Children and Family Ministry of APC. The position will help our youngest disciples to grow toward becoming fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. The CFMA will work primarily with our mid-week ROCK program and Sunday morning Sunday School. The position includes planning, working directly with the children, and working directly with the Director of Children and Family Ministry. The position will require up to 15 hours/week but, with seasonal fluctuations in the program, some weeks will require more time and some will require less.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
R.O.C.K.: ROCK, the 2 ½ hour mid-week program for children in 3rd through 5th grade, includes times of games, Bible study, crafts, dinner, and Choir or Caring Kids time. The Children and Family Ministry Assistant will assist with overall Session planning, coordinate the Bible study component, and plan and execute the Caring Kids (service) weekly component.
- Initiate session planning with Director
- Host / Co-host weekly program gathering **
- Lead / Coordinate Leaders for weekly Bible study
- Plan / Execute Caring Kids weekly program**
- Plan kid-appropriate “Caring” activities (local, global)
- Coordinate / Develop volunteers
- Develop a process for personal Kid-Connections and Family Outreach
- Program hours: 5 – 7 hours per week for prep and execution
SUNDAY SCHOOL: The APC elementary Sunday School ministers to children in Pre-K (4 yrs old) through 5th Grade.
- Assist the Director with curriculum review/assessment
- Assist Director on Sunday mornings
- Lead / Participate in Large Group openings
- Develop a process for personal Kid-Connections and Family Outreach
- Program hours: 2-3 hours weekly, prep and execution
WORSHIP: Give Children’s Messages twice per month (or as needed)
- 4 hrs per month
MEETINGS: Meet bi-weekly with Director for Planning / Visioning
- 2 hrs bi-weekly
VBS: Vacation Bible School
- Manage the volunteer recruitment process for VBS
- Assist Director, as needed
- Complete administrative assignments on an as needed basis.
- Participate in Children and Family events (such as, FFG, Advent Village, ROCK musical, Church picnic, Trenton Thunder game, etc.)
- Committed follower of Jesus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in education or work with children
- Strong skills with organization and interaction with children and their families
- Experience in religious education
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Maureen at (609) 259-7289 for more information.
Allentown Presbyterian Church is a vibrant community of faith located in central New Jersey. As the Communications Leader you will lead and execute church-wide marketing and communications initiatives. You will be responsible for the marketing and communication of the church’s brand and message through various media to ensure accurate, creative, and consistent tone. You will also work in collaboration with the senior pastor and department heads/ministry leaders to develop a comprehensive communications strategy, which includes marketing/communications for PR, content marketing, digital marketing, live streaming worship services, social media, electronic newsletters, and print materials. The successful candidate for this role will be an expert at capturing the life-changing stories happening within the church and in the lives of APC attendees and create multiple mediums to communicate these stories. This is a part time position (25 hours including Sunday mornings).
- Serve as the primary brand advocate by crafting the public image of the church both internally and externally.
- Develop the communication strategy including our website, social media, email campaigns, video, slides, bulletins, and other print materials.
- Direct, coordinate, and oversee the production of the Sunday online worship service.
- Collaborating with the Pastor and ministry leaders about upcoming message series and major events or programs.
- Create, organize, plan and implement effective communications messages and strategies to church and community audiences. The individual will support church and ministry leaders in conveying their vision and communications priorities to appropriate audiences.
- Write and edit communication messages for use in various mediums and audiences.
- Actively search for stories of life-change within the church. Develop ways to creatively communicate those stories via video, interviews, newsletter, social media, etc.
- Bachelors in Communications, Marketing or related field
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in marketing, advertising, internal/external communication, media, and public relations, whether within a business, church, non-profit, or other setting.
- Proven ability to produce high-quality video presentations.
- Experience producing live streaming events is strongly preferred.
- Proven experience in team-building, creative thinking, systems management, and problem-solving is required.
- Exceptional technical skills in written and oral communication, graphic design, web, and multimedia including experience with the most current software tools available in the marketplace
- Experience managing social media and website content and related analytics.
This is a 25 hour/week job including working Sunday mornings. Hours and days to be negotiated.
Two weeks paid vacation
Send your resume and cover letter to APCCareers1720@gmail.com
High School Youth Ministry Leader
Crossroads Youth and Young Adult Ministry of The Allentown Presbyterian Church exists
- To inspire youth and young adults in the Allentown area to develop lifelong, intimate relationships with Jesus Christ.
- To encourage those youth and young adults to grow as active members of God’s family.
- To empower the youth and young adults of APC to serve with such a passion for God that their communities and their worlds are impacted for Jesus Christ.
The High School Youth Ministry Coordinator is a passionate disciple of Jesus Christ who is called to pour out Christ’s love on high school youth and their families, encouraging them on their journeys of faith. He or she is a strong leader who equips and leads a healthy team of volunteers serving in the high school ministry. He or she strives to build relationships with churched and un-churched students and families, and enthusiastically seeks to help grow a community of fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ to produce abundant spiritual fruit for the Kingdom of God. He or she leads others to a relationship with Christ through their own relationship with Christ.
Due to COVID-19, the High School Ministry Leader will be tasked with taking a creative approach to fulfilling these responsibilities.
- Coordinate and lead HS Sunday school, Confirmation, and attend Sunday worship
- Coordinate and lead HS school mid-week youth group
- Coordinate and lead fundraisers alongside fundraising volunteers (Ex. Coffee House 4 A Cause)
- Serve as part of the youth staff planning team
- Maintain regular and personal communication with students, parents, and team members via phone calls, email, social media, text messages, and visiting them ‘on their turf’
- Recruit and train teams of Christ-centered adults to embrace youth on their faith journeys
- A qualified candidate will demonstrate having a devoted heart for Jesus Christ, a compassionate heart for high school students and their families, strong communication skills, high energy, strong leadership skills, the ability to work well as part of a team and a flexible but task-oriented nature.
- Previous Youth Ministry leadership experience is preferred.
- High school diploma. College degree preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience
Part-time – 20 hours
Submit resume, cover letter, and statement of faith to JC Fowler at email@example.com