Information We Collect
When you interact with us through our Services, we may collect or receive the following types of information:
Information You Provide Directly
When you interact with us through our Services, we may collect or receive information about you. For example, you provide information to us when you order a product from one of our Websites, register for access to our Services, including registering for an event or gathering, when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our Services, make a donation or contribution, become a member of our Congregation or regularly attend our worship services, sign up for our online directory, or when you participate in activities on our Websites.
In some instances, the information you provide to us may include “personal information.” The personal information that we collect from you depends on the context of your interaction with us and our Services, the choices you make when you use our Services and the features you use. The personal information we collect or receive may, for example, include the following:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Last four digits of your debit/credit card or bank account number
- User name, site logins/passwords
- Family information (marital status, names of spouse and/or children, emergency contact information)
- Occupation and employer
- Educational history
- Faith related information and dates (e.g., baptism, First Communion, confirmation, wedding)
- Information provided for purposes of volunteer background checks and participation opportunities
- Information regarding interest and participation in our events, missions or other activities
- Information provided on online forms relating to particular programs, events, or activities
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use our Services, we automatically collect certain information about you and your computer, mobile phone, web browser, or other device. For example, automatically collected information may include:
- The number of visitors who access our Websites, the date and time of their visit, the length of their stay, which pages they view, and which features they access.
- Your IP address or mobile device identifier.
- The browser type of operating system you use to access our Services.
How We Use Information
We may use the information we collect and receive from or about you, or that you provide to us, including any personal information, as follows:
- To respond to your email or other method of communication.
- To operate and provide our Services to you, or to fulfill any other purposes for which you provide us with information.
- To match your interests with opportunities to serve or participate in mission opportunities of the church.
- To enable you to access information about your account online (such as your contribution history).
- To make your name and contact information available to other APC members or regular attendees via our online directory, unless you choose to opt out of inclusion in the directory.
- To help us improve the content and functionality of our Websites and to improve our Services.
- To better understand the needs and interests of the people and organizations that attend our services, programs, events and other activities and that use our Websites.
- To assist you with technical support issues.
- To contact you in the future, for example to tell you about APC’s upcoming programs, events, or other Services.
- To notify you about changes to our Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information, or otherwise with your consent.
- As permitted by law or as we may notify you.
How We Share Information
We do not sell or rent your information. We may share the information we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- With our affiliates, including our governing bodies, the Monmouth Presbytery, the Synod of the Northeast, and the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A).
- With third-party service providers who provide services on our behalf, including companies that may provide web analytics, data processing, advertising, email distribution and other services. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Constant Contact, which we use to communicate with members, regular attenders, program participants, and contributors by email and SMS. Information about Constant Contact and its privacy and opt-out policies can be found at: https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/about-constant-contact.
We may use other information management and/or email distribution service providers
- When we have your permission or you direct us to share your information with third parties.
- If we think we need to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves.
- When you become a member or regular attender of our worship services, with other APC members or regular attendees via our online directory.
- With our successors in interest through corporate merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event.
- For other reasons we may describe to you or as permitted or required by law.
Email Marketing. Please email us at email@example.com if you do not wish to receive informational emails, or other emails relating to our Services, from us.
Online Directory. If you do not want your name or contact information to be included in our online directory, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Personal Information
In general, we retain your personal information for the reasonable amount of time needed to perform our Services. You may request a copy of your personal information that APC maintains, request corrections or completion of missing personal information, or request that your personal information be deleted completely by contacting email@example.com.
We and our third-party service providers will employ certain technologies to store and/or read information about end users’ browsers or devices. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies help us to improve our services and marketing information and may improve your experience using our Services.
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not. If you choose to disable cookies, you may not be able to fully experience some of the features of our Services. Our Websites generally only uses temporary or “session” cookies. These “session” cookies expire when your browser window is closed.
Our Websites are not intended for children under 13 in any capacity or for children under 18 without the consent of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as soon as practicable from our databases. If you believe that we may have any information collected from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may publish photos of APC events or gatherings on our Websites. We obtain the prior written consent of the parent or legal guardian of each child under 18 prior to posting photographs of children. Individuals who send us photographs and images of children to publish on our Websites must obtain the permission of the parents or legal guardian of each child before submitting it to us. We do not post photos that contain children’s names or other identifying information.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Do Not Track
Our Websites does not recognize the “do not track signals” that some browsers may employ as no uniform standard for responding to such signals has been developed at this time.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by APC to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email email@example.com.
APC takes reasonable steps to secure your information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, no data transferred over the Internet is guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of your information and you understand that any information that you transfer or transmit to us is done at your own risk.
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: (609) 259-7289
Write to us at: PO Box 122, Allentown, NJ 08501
Notification of Changes to This Policy